March RecapPosted: April 10, 2016
March continues to be a slow start to my year of getting shit done, which makes me think that maybe this isn’t going to be the year that I actually cross everything off my list (is anyone really surprised by this though?). Here’s another run-down of the monthly things I’m trying to do:
2. Catch up with someone: my friend Anne Marie is expecting a baby boy in May, so we held a shower for her at the beginning of the month. After the shower Anne Marie and I had a couple hours before she headed to dinner with her family, so we headed to Summer House for a few drinks (me) and green juice (her).
9. Work out 10 times a month. I went to one SoulCycle class. So I only worked out once the entire month. I blame the following: laziness, the flu, laziness, and vacation.
13. Do 1 new thing each month: I went to Punta Cana with my friend Christina!
16. Watch an Oscar movie each month: I watched Interstellar. I didn’t love it (I actually think I fell asleep for most of it), but I really don’t mind watching a terrible movie when Matthew McConaughey is involved (I mean, hubba.hubba). This movie won an Oscar for Best Achievement in Visual Effects.
20. Watch a Ted Talk each month: I watched The Power of Introverts.
23. Go to a museum once a month: I went to the Museum of Contemporary Art and saw the Pop Art Design exhibit. I was a little bored but it was interesting to see how art was influencing life and life was influencing art in the 1960’s and 70’s.
I was hopeful that April would bring nice weather and I can start doing some of the outdoor things on my list, but it doesn’t seem to be shaping up that way. Looks like I’ll have to start being productive in May (but don’t hold your breath).